- Bleaching for whiter teeth
- Repairing chips or rough spots with fillings that match your teeth
- Filling cavities with tooth-coloured materials
- Reshaping teeth that don’t match the others
- Closing gaps between teeth
- Covering broken teeth with porcelain crowns
Cosmetic Dentistry- Types
1. Gum contouring (Using Laser Dentistry)
Gum Contouring is a process that transforms your Gum Line for a better smile. Excessive gums, swollen gums or uneven gum line affects the overall appearance of the smile. This can be done by changing and reshaping the gum line with dental laser. Dental lasers provide us an edge over the conventional surgeries as these are:
- Correct gum problems
- Bloodless procedures
- Quick healing
- Instant difference
- Improve overall health of your smile
“Laser Gum Contouring”, as it is coined in the modern times, is a procedure that involves the use of a Diode Laser to sculpt the gum tissue. This procedure takes place under the effect of local anaesthetic to eliminate pain. Post which the dentist uses the laser to gently reshape the gum line, correct asymmetrical gums and remove any excessive gum tissue. The laser immediately seals the tissue enabling quick healing. It eliminates the excess gum tissue around your teeth in order to expose more of the crown of your tooth. The procedure can also be done to repair uneven gums around your teeth.
2. Composite Filling
In simple language a composite filling is nothing but a tooth-coloured, plastic and glass mixture used to repair decayed teeth. Composites are widely used for cosmetic smile modifications by altering the colour of the teeth or restructuring disfigured teeth.
- The dentist places the composite mixture in layers
- Simultaneously, using a light specialized to harden each layer.
- At the end, the composite is shaped to fit the tooth.
- Finally, the dentist polishes the composite to prevent discolouration and untimely wear.
- They appear almost natural due to the colour.
- They chemically bond to tooth structure. Hence, don’t require the placement of slots, grooves or pins in healthy tooth structure to mechanically retain them.
- The bonding restores 85% – 95% of the original strength of the tooth.
- They harden instantly instead of days required by some other materials.
- Tooth sensitivity, if any is temporary.
- Easily used on front and back teeth without compromising aesthetics. Also, can be repaired, if damaged.
3. Tooth Reshaping
Also known as dental contouring, tooth reshaping is a modern technique to eradicate small amounts of tooth enamel to transform the shape, length, or surface of one or more teeth. The procedure is often clubbed with bonding , another treatment that includes tooth-coloured composite material to shape the teeth.
- Dental X-rays may be taken before the process to ensure the health of your teeth.
- The targeted teeth are then marked with a pen to highlight areas that need sculpting.
- The imperfections on the surface of the teeth are eliminated/ minimized with the help of a sanding instrument.
- Sandpaper-like strips may be used to contour the sides of the teeth.
- Ultimately, the teeth are smoothened and polished
3.Improves overall health of your teeth
4.Good substitute for braces
A smile is one of the most striking features of your face that defines your personality. A perfect smile comes with a set of perfect teeth. We, at Spaceline Dental Studio help you to achieve perfect teeth by altering, reorganizing and repositioning the teeth/ tooth structure in terms of colour, position size and texture with no harmful effects with the look, feel and function of that of natural teeth.
Out of 32 teeth, 28 are the most important working teeth. When a person smiles, the teeth are seen in what is called as a “Smile Window”, consisting of front 6 to 10 teeth, also known as the anterior teeth. The smile window generally covers about 2/3rd of the lower teeth. For a smile to be attractive, the teeth have to be in the right proportion, correctly aligned, correctly shape with colour in concord with the rest of the face.
- Teeth not in the proper position need to be shifted into the correct position. This may be minor or complete shifting of teeth.
- An “Orthodontics” is responsible for the shifting of teeth. Minor shifting takes a couple of months; however major shifting may take as long as two years, involving wiring of the teeth.
- In case of lack of time or difficulty of movement of teeth with wires, certain mal-positions of teeth are rectified by reshaping teeth with grinding and adding special materials which have the look and texture of natural teeth, achieved within few days.
- The “Periodontist” then corrects the inconsistency of the gums to the teeth, usually involving minor surgical procedure.
- Also, he surgically removes pigments or stains in the gums
A “complete smile makeover” may involve grouping of these following procedures
- Cosmetic Gum Lift (Smile Lift)
- Teeth Whitening
- Zirconia crowns
- Porcelain Veneers
- Dental Implants
- Orthodontic Procedures/Invisalign
- Restorative and General Dentistry
5. Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain Veneers have various names like dental veneers or porcelain laminates. Precisely, these are ultra thin shells of porcelain, bonded to the front side of teeth for a cosmetic improvement or bite improvement. The best part about it is that it doesn’t require grinding of your natural teeth, as porcelain veneers can be totally non-invasive without requiring shots.
Porcelain Vineers can be a solution for
- Uneven or crooked teeth
- Disproportionate shape of teeth
- Tetracycline stained teeth with gray colour spaces in between
- Too much gum when you smile
- Yellow teeth
- Decrease the sensitivity of highly sensitive teeth
- Bad bite- the most complex use of porcelain veneers that needs bite reconstruction without grinding down the natural teeth
A mould of your tooth is taken for the fabrication of customized porcelain veneers that are constructed for each individual tooth. They are then bonded to the teeth with a very strong adhesive. The patient first sees the veneers in their mouth before they are bonded as they may want a different shade.
- Improves the overall personality by granting a shiny smile.
- Give your teeth a natural and healthy appearance.
- Hold an advantage over other cosmetic bonding techniques due to translucent appearance.
- Porcelain does not pick up stains. A minor stain can be easily polished off during a normal cleaning.
- Highly resistant to staining from coffee, tea or even cigarette smoking.
- Last for 10 to 50 years.
- Short treatment concluded within a span of couple of days to three weeks.
- Can be brushed, flossed and treated just like natural teeth.
TARTAR- SCALING /CLEANING
Big or small, at SPACELINE DENTAL STUDIO, we offer a wide gamut of services in expert dental care. Our highly efficient doctors guide you to practice good dental health by helping you identify the symptoms that could lead to bigger problems and treat them at an earlystage. One such problem is tartar build-up in your teeth due to irregular brushing habits and food habits, leading to major gum problems if not treated at the right time.
Under the supervision of experts, we provide efficient treatments like TEETH SCALING and CLEANING to curb any serious problems in future.
- Latest technology using lasers
- Painless and suture-free gum surgeries
- Best care under reasonable prices
What Is Tartar and Why Is It a Concern?
Tartar is the result of bacteria along with proteins and food by-products. It forms dental plaque that coats the teeth. Plaque is most prevalent in areas that are hard to clean, like the back teeth, just along the gum line, and around fillings or other dental products. Hardened plaque over time, results into tartar or dental calculus. Since it has mineralized onto your teeth, tartar is far more difficult to remove than plaque.
But, if you remove plaque regularly with proper hygiene practices, you can prevent permanent tooth decay.
How Does Tartar Affect Teeth and Gums?
Tartar interrupts effective brushing and flossing. Hence, the acids released by the bacteria in your mouth break down the tooth enamel that eventually leads to cavities and tooth decay.
Also, the tartar developing above the gum line can be serious. Mainly due to the irritation caused due to bacteria and damage gums, consequently leading to progressive gum disease that can have serious consequences if left untreated.
The mildest form of gum disease is called gingivitis. This is the initial stage of gum inflammation caused by the presence of plaque and tartar on the teeth. It can be reversed with brushing, flossing and regular cleanings by dental professionals.
If untreated, Gingivitis leads to a severe condition- Periodontitis, which can ultimately result into tooth loss and bone degradation. Also, according to further studies, gum disease may contribute to heart disease as well as other conditions.
What is a gum disease?
Swollen and infected gums that can later spread below the gums to the bone surrounding the teeth.
- Certain infections and body-wide (systemic) diseases
- Poor dental hygiene
- Pregnancy (hormonal changes increase the sensitivity of the gums)
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Misaligned teeth
- Bleeding gums (blood on toothbrush even with gentle brushing of the teeth)
- Bright red or red-purple appearance to gums
- Gums that are tender when touched, but otherwise painless
- Mouth sores
- Swollen gums
- Shiny appearance to gum
Do my teeth get loose after the cleaning treatment?
Absolutely not, it’s just a myth. In fact, regular cleaning makes your teeth strong and firm.
How frequently should I clean my teeth?
Your teeth should be cleaned at least every 6 months accompanied with regular check-ups every 3 to 4 months.
- LASER BLEACHING a high end bleaching treatment, with special light machine
- Boost bleaching by ULTRADENT
- Home bleach by ULTRADENT
1. Should I have my teeth whitened?
Many people believe that teeth whitening can make them look younger and more attractive. It is for you to decide if you wish to have whiter teeth. Unattractive teeth stains can be eliminated by whitening.
2. What are the available methods for tooth whitening?
- Professional whitening- Peroxide is the whitening agent that the dentist will use. Occasionally, a “curing light” is used with the peroxide to accelerate the bleaching process.
- Most bleaching techniques include the use of mouth trays. These fit firmly over the teeth, but do not reach the gums. The trays are filled with a paste or gel containing bleach. The dentist will provide these trays for use in the surgery and for you to take home. The dentist will tell you how to use the trays at home, how often to use them, and for how long to keep them in the mouth. You can stop repeating the treatment when you are satisfied with the colour of your teeth.
3. What is laser bleaching
It’s a different and highly advanced technique using a diode laser machine along with a specific bleaching solution.*Additional treatments may be required to maintain the lighter colour.
WISDOM TOOTH REMOVAL
Be it complex or a simplified procedure, SPACELINE DENTAL STUDIOis determined in providing the unsurpassed treatments under expert supervision to ensure precision. Wisdom Tooth Removal is one such significant procedure that requires experience, attention and care.
According to the American Association for Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons, removal of Wisdom Tooth is extremely essential when the patient is a young adult. This is mainly to prevent complications in future and also allow complete healing.
SPACELINE DENTAL STUDIO ensures step to step assistance by the specialists along with high-tech equipments to perform the surgery. After consultation with the specialists, wisdom tooth extraction takes place under local anesthesia or conscious sedation.
After surgery it is common to experience swelling and mild discomfort.
- Kodak Radiology Equipments (from the USA)
- Latest Technology of Hard Tissue Laser and Computerised Injection Technique for minimal pain.
- Piezosurgery, for safe and atraumatic treatment
- OPG + LAT CEPH machine for in-house diagnosis and treatment of wisdom tooth
- Phosphor Plate Scanner
- RVG (Digital Xray Sensor)
- In- house Xray facility to save time and efforts
What are Wisdom Teeth?
Wisdom Teeth are the last teeth to develop in your mouth, usually between the ages of 17 and 25.
Is it necessary to remove the Wisdom Tooth?
No it isn’t necessary to remove the Wisdom Tooth if it is not causing any problem or even if the adjacent teeth are not being affected. Precisely, if there is no pain or infection due to your wisdom tooth, it can remain unnoticed and inside the bone till death.
Why do we need to remove them?
- To avoid over-crowding of teeth in your mouth, becoming impacted and ultimately, leading to serious infection.
What If I Am Not Experiencing These Problems?
If you haven’t faced any wisdom tooth related problems, chances are that wisdom tooth might not be visible eye as it hasn’t erupted yet. However, a wisdom tooth’s roots get longer as it ages making extraction more complicated, amplifying the chances for complications such as nerve damage.
At SPACELINE DENTAL STUDIO, we guide you if you require Wisdom Tooth Removal or not.
What is PIEZOSURGERY?
We bring to you the future of dental surgeries with Piezosurgery. It is a revolutionary technology for bone surgery, which enables precision, safety, and the highest quality. It is an extremely helpful oral procedure with highly therapeutic features like micrometric cut, a selective cut, and a clear surgical site.
Consequently, IMPLANTOLOGY surgical techniques such as bone harvesting (chips and blocks), crestal bone splitting, and sinus floor elevation can be performed with greater ease, precision and safey.
However, the results may vary in case of incompatibility with other dental problems.